Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Happy New Year-1970

I just posted this real ad-get a load of the date: $2000 Quiet Studio or 1 Bedroom Wanted-Upper West Side (Upper West Side) Date: 1969-12-31, 7:33PM EST Single female looking for Quiet studio or 1 bedroom, Upper West side; good closets, good light; Doorman or at least elevator; on site super; prewar preferred. good management company. Brokers are not welcome. I will NOT pay a fee. I wonder how long it will be before that gets fixed. I can travel back in time, post an ad on Craigs List before Craigs List even existed, but I can’t find an apartment. . . Here’s the first response, from a broker who either refuses to read, is unable to read, or does not speak English. Hi there, I was very attracted to your ad posted on CL  titled, "2000 Quiet Studio or 1 Bedroom Wanted". I think I can definitely help you with your search. I am a licensed broker for Manhattan Apartments- one of the major brokerage firms in NYC. We have a huge listing of apartments in all around the city. Some questions for you:When is your moving date exactly?2. Would you consider other areas as well?3. Do  you have any strictly preference on elevator, doorman or other criteria?Anyway, I am going to send the url of our website, where you can do initial search: http://www.manhattanapts.com/rentals/index.php If you like something you see, PLEASE direct your call to me, and I will put together the list and get out to show you the apartments. Thanks,Sonny.  Is this guy nuts? Maybe this is from a trained chimpanzee. Dear genius, what part of my ad did you not understand? I’m supposed to let you get commission if I search? There’s no chance I’ll be disappointed with the viewing. I’m already disappointed with your email.

No comments:

Post a Comment