Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Monday, July 23, 2012

Decisions

THINGS I SHOULD DO TO BABOON Play CD recording of crowing rooster at top volume on Bose wave radio, every day at 5:00 a.m. including weekends. Bark loudly like mad dog during wee hours. Super inquires about dog, invite Super in and say “I’ve never had a dog. I told you that man is crazy.” When he cooks road kill, spray Lysol into kitchen fan, which will waft into his kitchen. Thought for today: Sometimes I just sits and thinks; Sometimes I just sits; Sometimes I just sits in sunny spot in office window, like a cat; Sometimes there’s Haiku: Air conditioning. Too much in this little room. Freezing my tail off. August 26, 2009. I haven’t thought about new apartment since my chest began to hurt. Dr. office called, wanting to do a $400 dollar test, not covered by insurance, to see if there is blockage. I have high cholesterol. I haven’t scheduled the test. They want to decide whether to put me on the cholesterol medication, which carries risk of liver or kidney problems. It all boils down to when your number’s up, it’s up. Is my number up? One final peek at Craigslist. Nothing interesting there. Birthday in 2 days, nobody here to celebrate, nothing to celebrate, no apartment. Looming possibility of imminent heart disease or Alzheimer’s. Happy Birthday. First things first: should I get the test? Maybe. I’d rather try to adjust diet and exercise more. Day one diet adjustment: I looked up heart healthy foods on internet. Everything I like, I can’t have. Salads? Hell, no. Microwave meals are not the solution; too much sodium. I can’t cook. If I try to cook, the apartment might catch fire. Does my gas even work? The stove is good for storing my perfumes. Where will I store my perfumes? Maybe try to find a heart healthy restaurant. The only one I saw on internet is vegetarian. The salt content in EJ’s food is probably higher than Atlantic Ocean. No pizza, no Chinese. Can I cheat with steamed dumplings? Cheeseless pizza? Is sautéing the same as fried? This is too depressing. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment