Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Saturday, July 7, 2012

A Chance Encounter

Flash forward: I’d rather get the great apartment, then a cat. I really don't need a man right now. I can’t tell them that. To pacify Marty, I promised to try to find a man. Why not? I tried every other way to find an apartment. Maybe I would meet a man who knew about an apartment. I wouldn’t sleep with him. I’d hang around only long enough to find out if he could help me. Chasing a man was never my style, but I could smile and try not to alienate anyone. This was the best I could hope to achieve. Marty called, asking what I’d done lately. “I went to the sun deck at the Reebok club. I asked the man next to me if the chair was taken. He said no. His voice sounded very familiar. I glanced over and realized it was Regis.” “Well, unless you slept with him, I don’t care. Have you met anyone?”

No comments:

Post a Comment