Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Saturday, July 28, 2012

More Craigslist Madness

$1500 Upper West Side housing wanted. Date: 2009-07-21, 2:14PM EDT Reply to: hous-uzjkh-1281480746@craigslist.org Very small person looking for place in doorman, elevator, prewar chest of drawers with ample closet space and plenty of natural light, a la Kramer, on Upper West Side. Kramer's chest of drawers preferred but will accept similar chest of drawers. Will pay extra for top drawer; I realize this is penthouse location. Breakfast or wake up service not needed, but I will not tolerate gas, snoring or excessive noise from other tenants. I trust that my Rottweiler will not pose a problem. it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests *************************************************************************** (e-mail to undisclosed recipients, a/k/a everyone, received immediately after I posted my ad) Hello! Just incase you need help moving, I run a small Moving and delivery service and can help you move. Best, R **************************************************************************When they conclude with "Best", it's always the worst.    _______________PRINCE WITH A VAN, READY TO GIVE YOU A HAND *************************************************************************** Running a close second: Responses that arrive 30 seconds after the posting appears. Speaking of the devil: Hi, Are you still searching for an apt? this message was remailed to you via: hous-k9nsn-1284682751@craigslist.org. “No, in the 30 seconds since I posted the ad, the apartment fairy magically appeared and presented me with a lease for a prewar, 1 bedroom apartment in a luxury doorman building. I’m moving in 5 minutes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment