Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Thursday, December 11, 2014

WTF, Amazon?!

Early this morning while scanning through my email, I happened upon this gem from the folks at Amazon.com:


Re: Coupons on My iPhone for Seniors (Covers iOS 8 for iPhone 6/6 Plus, 5S/

Dear cheryl,
Amazon.com has new coupon recommendations for you based on items you have recently viewed. 

 I have no idea what the heck gave them the idea that this coupon applied to me.  Perhaps they read my comment about being the only person under the age of senility without a smart phone. Or maybe that I referred to them as "folks", which might be construed as an elderly person's word. I was viewing books on life coaching; I never viewed any items remotely resembling an iPhone. If I had viewed the item, I certainly wouldn't admit to being a senior, because I'm not a senior. Judging from my past vain and sometimes shallow behavior, I'll probably never admit to being a senior even when I truly am a card carrying member of the AARP generation. Thanks a lot, Amazon. Could you be any more insulting?

On a more positive note, today I am wearing my forest green Ralph Lauren sweater that I bought a few years ago from the RL little girls' store. (The only real benefit from being flat chested is being able to buy great sweaters at a fraction of the cost of women's sizes!). This is the first time that I have worn a real sweater since I had the stroke. I've been wearing hoodies and the occasional turtleneck from Gap.  I put on my tiny gold hoop earrings and my favorite scent. "I feel almost human," I said jokingly to Aissata, my home health aide.

Best of all, today I walked, without my cane, around my apartment, for the first time. Aissata at my side.  It felt marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment