Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Poltergeist in the Afternoon

There were very weird goings on in my apartment this afternoon. The TV was on channel 7 because Aissata wanted to watch the (always bad) local news. Suddenly the channel changed and we were watching Friends. Neither of us were anywhere near the remote control. Neither one of us touched the cable box or the set. We looked at each other, perplexed. Then we laughed. Is this some kind of sign? Am I being haunted by a ghost that hates watching the news?

I thought the Botox injections to my arm and leg would be the highlight of the day. A few minutes later my land line kept ringing and there was nobody on the other end. Is this a Time Warner New Years surprise or something out of Poltergeist? I wish the ghost could have acted a half hour earlier; I would have preferred to watch Seinfeld.  What next? Stay tuned. . .

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment