Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pre-Thanksgiving Rant

I'm getting crazy calls from people I do not want to speak to, EVER. First thing in the morning, I got a call from someone from a company that makes the "I've fallen and I can't get up" device. I told the woman that I didn't need it. She tried to talk me into getting it. She would not let me end the call, so I had no choice but to hang up on her. A few hours later I got a call from a surgical supply place that had an authorization to supply me with diapers. "I don't need diapers! I NEVER NEEDED DIAPERS! WHY ARE YOU CALLING ME, WASTING MY VALUABLE TIME? TAKE MY NUMBER OFF YOUR CALL LIST AND NEVER BOTHER ME AGAIN!" Life is too short to bother with the incompetence that runs rampant within the healthcare industry. I almost scheduled a delivery of the diapers to President Obama at The White House. (If anyone is shitting himself these days, it's probably him!) The sad thing is, they were going to let me! Is the day before Thanksgiving "take your idiot to work day"? This was followed by a series of collection calls that weren't even for me. Thank heavens for voice mail and delete.

Above all, I am so very thankful that I am well enough to get aggravated over this minutia. I get over it quickly and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment