Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Too Many Birds

Looking out my window, it’s like a scene from the Alfred Hitchcock movie “The Birds”. Thousands of pigeons (well maybe hundreds; suffice it to say there is a huge gathering) are lined up on the rooftop and ledges of the building across the street. Maybe they are just waiting to fly someplace else. I triple dog dare anyone who has seen that movie not to be freaked out by the sight of that many birds, slowly increasing in number, poised to attack. I swear they are staring at me, laughing at my cowardice. Which raises the question: Do birds laugh? One thing is for sure; there will be a massive amount of poop on the sidewalk below. I’m glad I’m not walking under there.

No comments:

Post a Comment