Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So Many Birds, So Little Time

There's a new TV show called 666 Park Avenue. (It's actually filmed at the Ansonia, which is a magnificent building across Central Park on the Upper West Side.) I've always loved the Ansonia, so I checked out the show. A large part of the episode was a modern day homage to Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds". What were the odds of that?! I was on the edge of my wheelchair. I watched in horror as hundreds (or thousands) of birds descended upon a tipsy exterminator, who happened to be cursing and staggering out of a bar. After the birds pecked out his eyes, a taxi ran him over. Note to self: Get window shades. As soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment