Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Tuesday, October 2, 2012

An Unexpected Visitor

My right toe has been killing me. I called Visiting Nurse Service of New York, and asked them to send a podiatrist. Imagine my surprise when a psychiatrist showed up at my door. I asked myself what could have possibly led to this particular error. Obviously, a miscommunication of some sort had occurred. They are both types of doctors that start with the letter "P". They both end in "iatrist". Both words have the same amount of syllables. The person that I spoke to had a hearing disorder. I had a speaking disorder (I didn't). They screwed up. My right toe is still killing me, and I still haven't heard from the podiatrist. It makes a fabulous story, nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment