Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Friday, January 29, 2016

The F@&$*! Swear Jar

Some people think I say the F word more than I should. I decided this would be the week to start a swear jar. Every time I cursed, I'd have to put a dollar in the jar. By day two, I needed a bigger jar. 

 

“If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?” ~ George Berkeley

 

Today I asked myself the proverbial question: If I curse and no one is around to hear me, do I make a sound? Do I have to put a dollar in the swear jar?

What if I go into one of my foul mouthed rants? Will I have to pay a dollar for each obscenity I utter? What if I repeat the same word, like "fuckety fuckety fuck"?

Will the swear jar take IOUs or American Express? How long can I keep it going? I really haven't thought this through.  Maybe it will work. I'm already cursing less.

Or am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment