Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Wednesday, January 13, 2016

F*ckin' Donuts

The wind chill factor today is eight. Eight! I didn't have the heart to send Aissata all the way to 181st Street,  but I had a free drink coupon from Dunkin' Donuts that expired today. There's a Dunkin' Donuts around the corner from my building, but it's so bad that I call it Fuckin' Donuts! They never get my order right. Instead of giving them an order, I should just say "surprise me-you decide", because that is what they do. I was warned by everyone not to go there, but I took a chance today.

True to form, I got a free large cup of something that tasted like it was made from water out of the toilet and prehistoric beans. A brown crayon dipped in water would have tasted better. At least it was brown, and hot. I told Aissata, "If you had any doubt about how much I love you, you certainly know now!" She suggested adding more Splendas. I told her all there weren't enough Splendas in the state of New York to save this cup of tasteless sludge. The bright side was, at least I didn't pay for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment