Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Friday, January 22, 2016

Friends

"Friends are more important than money."

This morning I read that on a Lululemon bag. It makes perfect sense; everything in that store is wildly expensive. After shopping there, you look great, but you're totally broke. At least you have your friends to buy you food.

The city is in a panic over the impending blizzard that is supposed to arrive late tonight. One would think I lived in New England, not New York City. Starbucks is closed. Fuckin' Donuts is closed. The hoarding is so bad at Key Foods that I'm waiting to see someone put the actual empty shelves into their shopping cart.

I just turned on the water and it's brown. Like coffee. Or worse. The water in my toilet looks like I took a dump. (I didn't). I called the Super and he says it's a problem throughout Washington Heights. It hasn't even started to snow, and already the situation is grim.

As everyone freaks out around me, I try to stay calm. I think about my friends, old and new, local and in cyberspace. Here's to you, my friends. I cherish all of you.

In spite of everything, there's no place I'd rather be than in this crazy town where anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment