Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Friday, September 28, 2012

"Comedy Equals Tragedy, Plus Time"

Where the heck do I begin? “Comedy equals tragedy plus time.” Carol Burnett. . . Hello there! :) jhjkgkjgjhghjg this place stinks! The above was written from Village Care Rehab Center/Nursing Home. I am typing this with one hand because the other hand no longer works. Prior to August 20, 2011, I had the world by the balls. I was a lawyer. I genuinely cared about my clients. One of my bosses nicknamed me Norma Rae because I always stuck up for the underdog. I did a lot of pro bono work. That’s what I miss most from my days of practicing law; it felt fantastic to help so many people in need. I helped people who had been wrongfully accused of acts that they didn’t commit. I helped people fight for, and save, their jobs in a world filled with sexual harassment and a**hole supervisors. I represented whistleblowers who had the guts to say something was unsafe at their company. I helped people save their homes. I helped people buy their homes. I helped people adopt children. I counseled many abused women, and enabled them to leave life threatening situations. I represented many people who were innocent and injured. Every day I did battle with an insurance company, or a defense attorney. I had just received a thirty-thousand dollar raise. I had recently moved to my dream apartment on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. Then my world collapsed. Little did I know at the time, that I was about to face the most challenging battle of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment