Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Monday, June 18, 2012

One Nasty Woman

There’s nothing more pathetic than being looked down upon and hearing that you’re worthless from a smelly, slovenly idiot with an IQ of ten, who can barely speak English. “With crap credit, there are thousands of people ahead of you who will get the apartment.” This coming from a nasty woman whose only other decipherable words were “Location good. Right near park.” I heard you the first twenty times you said it. So what if you kept me waiting all day, lied, said you were the owner, posted an ad about an apartment that had already been rented, and showed me 3 more expensive, tiny hat boxes with views of brick walls? (more about that later) The bright side of this situation: I finally found a profession more contemptible than mine. Now, when someone gives me the distasteful look after learning I’m a lawyer, I can proudly say, “At least I’m not a real estate agent!”

No comments:

Post a Comment