Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Thursday, June 14, 2012

Faux Fireplaces - What's the Point?

My apartment search was not going well. I was the Groucho Marx of NYC real estate: I didn’t want to live in any apartment building that would have me. What drove me crazy were the faux fireplaces. The broker spoke about this like it is some grand advantage. What is the point? Oooh. Let me pretend to be cold. I’ll buy some fake logs, have them delivered by the fake log delivery service and light a faux fire. Maybe toast some pretend marshmallows and put them into some make believe hot chocolate. I’ll go antiquing in my dreams and buy some faux andirons. What will happen when the Alzheimers kicks in? I’ll walk into it and suffer imaginary 3rd degree burns.

No comments:

Post a Comment