Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Thursday, July 8, 2010

Soggy Thursday and Happy Birthday Dad

Walking in 83% humidity, I could barely breathe. I cut across an alley near the Queensborough Bridge underpass. While wondering whether this was a bad idea, I saw a Tony Soprano-sized dead rat. It's dark outside, like the end of the world, with thundershowers in the forecast. Sure enough. There goes lunch hour, when I wanted to attend the lunchtime Broadway performances at Bryant Park. Will I make the trek in spite of inabilty to breathe and lack of proper rain gear? Maybe the Lord would rather I spend lots of money and watch a show from a great seat inches from the stage(well worth every penny). Office manager has just arrived, chattering in background. I have no idea what she's saying; am not paying attention at all. Today is my Dad's birthday. Happy Birthday, Daddy. I miss you! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment