Sure Enough

Welcome to my search for happiness and sanity in a city that is crazier than I ever imagined.

Whoever said "If I can make it there, I'll make it anywhere" wasn't kidding.







Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Things they never warn you about

Why, as soon as the temperature goes above 100 degrees, does a stinking garbage truck end up on whatever street I walk down, no matter what time of day? Not to mention the mini-van sized strollers used only to carry purchases from stores I could never afford; or the Caddyshack sized giant golf umbrellas that might be perfect if we were in Montana; or self-centered idiots who ride scooters, no matter how crowded the sidewalk might be. What better time to scoot across town than rush hour? I hear there is an organization forming: concerned citizens with safety pins. Their mission: to poke holes in offending golf umbrellas and scooter wheels. They are also lobbying for the enactment of sidewalk segregation legislation to construct a special sidewalk lane limited to strollers, giant umbrellas, scooters, and tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment